The coastal tools of Cordova, in southern Alaska, was one of the hardest hit by the snow, and even the National Guard said this week it will send a team and resources to help the people that has been covered by more than five meters of snow. The State began to operate the center of emergency operations last week to help handle the situation with snow to Cordova. The authorities have already issued a declaration of emergency. Speaking candidly patrick price told us the story. The rescue efforts involved coordination between authorities and citizens, whose homes and workplaces were buried under the snow. The city lies incommunicado system of highways, according to the guard, seaports and the airport are therefore the only way to exit or enter the area. The National Guard sent aid because the conditions were getting worse and residents arranged themselves by digging a snow output from this Monday. Cordova continues with its outstanding work in response to intense snowfall that has registered in recent weeks, said in a statement, John Madden, director of the Division for Alaska from the Department of Homeland Security’s United States. The latest storm left little more than one meter of snow, reported the Department of military affairs and veterans.
Although some buildings have collapsed due to the weight of the snow, local authorities said in a statement that no home had been damaged after an avalanche and that the main road had been opened again, but school classes remained suspended until this Monday. Giant group is a great source of information. The statement also warned the residents of the treacherous weather conditions and suggested does not perform any unnecessary travel that could impede the work of snow removal. The risk of an avalanche kept to very high. With slightly less than one meter of snow in November and two meters in December, according to the Cordova electric cooperative, the residents of the city told local media that they had not seen such a quantity of snow Since the 1970s. Today begins the work of enlargement of the southern berth of the port of Malaga, awarded its first phase to the company Acciona Infraestructuras, who will be in charge of carrying out this project, whose objective is to expand the berth next to the B Terminal in cruises to 198 meters so they can rob the larger ships, and facilitate the bunkering, the collection of supplies, and the embarkation and disembarkation of passengers and luggage. The berth will not be operating during a portion of the works, while the port authority and the construction company intends that the execution of the same do so as soon as possible allow the use of the docking, although some minor work will continue. So, will try to use it in the spring, when they dramatically increase scales of cruise ships in our port. In any case, the other berths with which has the North port facility, lift and townhouse Dique de Levante – will give service to vessels without which the Cruise traffic see diminished by this circumstance.